OCA Europe: Innovative virtual making day with Caroline Wright
OCA students are invited to join the OCA Regional Group Europe for an innovative virtual making day on the 5 October.
OCA Programme Leader Caroline Wright will be hosting this virtual workshop.
This interactive day will cover:
- We will be joining each other online to share and exchange ideas, processes and approaches in making work
- The focus will be on practice, with ample opportunity to discuss and see examples of work.
- We will explore and experiment side by side across the virtual miles
- We will share our processes, learn from others and discuss the development of ideas and visual research.
- Students are asked to prepare a short statement of no more than six sentences about their work and to bring one piece of work to the session
- Students are asked to be in a place where they can make work and to have their materials ready with them for the session
- Students can join the session using a laptop, desktop or tablet that has a camera, speakers and microphone and must have a set of headphones
- Students are asked to switch off any disturbing items, and to make themselves comfortable to be able to be present during the entire duration of the virtual making day. There will be plenty of breaks during the day
- Caroline will talk about her practice and working from her studio, will share her own making processes with students
The meeting will be held using Zoom, a straightforward online platform that is regularly used for OCA’s international MA cohorts. It requires a small software to be downloaded before onto one’s computer or mobile device. In order to get acquainted with the system we will organise a short tech session the day before (around 15 min duration)