This could be you
How much will it cost?
With the Open College of the Arts, a UCA partner, you can get an Open Degree through distance learning for £9,000 – ⅓ the cost of a traditional full time degree.
Here’s what our students think
All OCA undergraduate and postgraduate courses are accredited and qualify for HE credits, used by many universities in the UK to monitor, record and reward passage through a modular degree course and to facilitate movement between courses and institutions. For more information please see our Levels and Credits page.
No, but hard work pays off.
Our staff are here to support you:
- Student Services – Can help with general queries and enrolments.
- Course Support – Deal with subject specific questions about projects, assignments and other aspects of your course.
- Learner Support – Helps with applications to the OCA Learner Support Scheme, course extensions due to mitigating circumstances and disability support information.
- IT/Web Support – Can help with your OCA account, Google apps/services and student website queries.
You can be confident in your OCA tutor’s ability to help you develop your skills and give you supportive and constructive feedback.
- We have around 100 tutors, based throughout the UK.
- All our tutors are practising artists, photographers, designers, writers or composers.
- They are experienced teachers at HE level.
- Their combination of professional expertise with a strong background in teaching is a key strength of the OCA.
Your fellow students will help you through various online avenues. We provide a variety of services, both online and offline, to help you stay connected with students and tutors throughout your studies:
- Google hangouts
- Course discussion groups
- Study visits
- Student website
- WeAreOCA blog
How am I assessed?
When you finish your course units, your work will be looked at, and re-looked at, by our assessors, and then by our external examiners.
Credit is awarded, lessons are learned, your portfolio of work and research grows.
You continue on your journey