This unit represents the culmination of skills, synthesis of ideas and critical responses to your combined creative arts activity. You will develop your two distinctive creative paths as a single artistic form that will begin the portfolio of work that you will complete upon graduation. You will be assigned a relevant specialised tutor that will help you to negotiate the unique interdisciplinary activity that you are engaged with. Your tutor will provide guidance and advice so that you are able to develop a project that exhibits accomplished visual and technical skills and demonstrate detailed knowledge of your chosen creative arts activity. This body of work will be the core practical component of the third level of study, which will be informed by and integrate itself into your research and professional practice.
Using historical and contemporary contexts as a starting point, you will select and undertake the development of a body of work on an issue of significant topical importance of your own choice. You will translate complex and abstract ideas and concepts that will tie in to your research and integrate them effectively in to visual strategies that communicates your intention. On completion of body of work you will develop appropriate solutions for disseminating your practice to an audience that will be developed within the framework of the Creative Arts 3: Sustaining Your Practice unit. A significant overlap between Body of Work and Research is therefore expected.
The aims of this unit are:
- A1 offer support to develop your understanding of your combined creative arts activity
- A2 identify a distinctive personal creative arts voice
- A3 examine a theme of significant topical importance within your creative practice
- A4 further develop technical skills using combined approaches relevant to your practice
- A5 extend your critical, evaluative and reflective skills.
On satisfactory completion of the unit you will be able to:
- LO1 show a sophisticated critical and contextual understanding of your subjects (A1)
- LO2 show proficiency in using personal creative language to communicate ideas effectively (A2)
- LO3 demonstrate advanced use of analysis and creative thinking in interpreting and responding to self-initiated projects (A3)
- LO4 develop ideas through to high level creative and technically proficient outcomes (A4)
- LO5 critically review your own work and evaluate it against desired outcomes (A5).
- Create a project plan that shows your strategy for combining your creative activities.
- Explore the choice of topic or topics that will drive your conceptual research.
- Strategies for developing and translating your ideas and interests into a final body of work.
- Develop a personal creative language exploring the relationship between your combined creative activity, concepts and techniques.
- Project development using a range of resources and learning materials researched for this unit as well as Creative Arts 3: Research