This privacy statement sets out how the Open College of the Arts (OCA) complies with European Union data protection regulations and the ways in which your data is used or shared by this website. We may update or replace this policy when required, so please check this page on occasion to ensure you’re up to date with this policy.
OCA will only collect and process personal data through this website for the purposes outlined below:
- for fulfilling our contractual and statutory responsibilities to our students, tutors, employees and consultants, and any regulatory bodies.
- For the taking and processing of payment data for enrolment purposes (card details are securely processed through Cardsave by Worldpay)
- For sending out relevant information by Email through Mailchimp (only if you voluntarily sign up to our Mailing lists)
- For analysing traffic trends for improving the website visitors’ experience (Google Analytics)
- For Re-marketing purposes, to display targeted ads based on visitor behaviour.
- To allow live chats to be initiated with college staff (through Tidio.com)
Who we share your data with
- Mailchimp – by signing up to one of our Mailing Lists (e.g. the Weekly E-bulletin), your data (first name, surname, Email address) will be shared with Mailchimp, a USA-hosted service which is signed up to the Privacy Shield Agreement. You may unsubscribe from these lists at any time through links in the Email footers, or by emailing OCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tidio.com – this is a live chat service; if you fill in the live chat form, that data is processed by Tidio.com to allow our staff to converse with you through the website.
- Hotjar.com – To improve the User Experience on this website, we periodically employ the services of Hotjar to anonymously track user activity, enabling us to improve the website experience.
- Worldpay – By making payment using a debit or credit card on this website, your sensitive card data will be shared with our E-Merchant provider, Worldpay through one of its sub-companies, CardSave. All payment information is securely encrypted.
- Kinsta.com – This website is hosted in London, UK by Kinsta.com.
HESA Data Collection
The Open College of the Arts, as an HEI (Higher Education Institution) has a statutory requirement to provide the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) with data of both personal and sensitive nature on its students.For full details of the information required by HESA, and by extension, the OCA, please refer to the HESA Collection Notices for Students.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember which courses are in your cart
- Remember where you are in the enrolment process
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visit on this site via Google Analytics
- Track your movements between pages through the Hotjar service
- Remember which courses you have recently viewed
- If you wish to use the ‘social’ buttons, those social networks will set a temporary cookie to allow you to make a post from this website
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google and Pinterest
This website will not:
- Share any personal information with third parties without adequate data protections in place.