- (Very Reverend) Peter Bradley (Chair), Dean of Sheffield and Chair of the Cathedral’s Archer Project Charitable Trust, the largest charity in the South Yorkshire region working with the homeless.
- Cathy Baxandall, Company Secretary of Marshalls plc and a board member of Yorkshire Youth and Music.
- (Professor) Patsy Cullen, former Director of Learning and Teaching at York St John University and former Head of Learning Resources at the National Arts Education Archive at Bretton Hall. She is a Board Member of the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council and a member of the HEFCE Disability Monitoring Panel.
- Helen Dingle, Director of Finance at Sheffield University, with overall responsibility for all aspects of financial control and reporting within the University. Helen is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- Karan Green, Educational Consultant and former Chief Executive of the Open College Network
- Simon Hill, Group Managing Director Vidar Media
- Professor Muriel Robinson, former Vice-Chancellor, Bishops Grosseteste University
Join our Board of Trustees
We are currently recruiting additional trustees. The information pack, downloadable below, provides a summary of our courses, the student body and student experience, quality and awards, and our tutors and their development. The deadline for applications is Thursday 9 July 2015. The Open College of the Arts is a dynamic, successful and established educational charity. We offer part-time foundation-level, undergraduate and postgraduate courses to widen participation in creative arts education for people across the UK and beyond. To support our ambitious plans to reach even greater numbers of students who want to find their creative voice through university-level study, we are looking for new trustees with experience in higher education, the creative arts or financial management. Trustees meet three times a year, in February, June and October. In addition, we expect all Trustees to be a member of one of two sub-committees: the Development Committee and the Audit Committee. Trustees’ meetings are held in South Yorkshire or London.
If you think your experience and skills would enable you to make an active contribution to widening participation in creative arts education at higher level and you are excited by the idea of being part of our future success, we’d like to hear from you. To arrange an informal telephone conversation with our Principal, Gareth Dent, please email garethdent[at]oca.ac.uk.
Download an information pack here – Trustee Recruitment Information Pack